Tuesday, December 25, 2007

:Wine Corner Review #12: Banrock Station Shiraz-Cabernet Sauvignon

Let's face it: It costs plenty of money for a Czar to maintain his domain. I count my roubles every chance I get, and wine is no exception. That is why I'm on an endless quest for quality and value all wrapped up in one low-cost, tasty package. So, when pondering my latest vino to review, the answer suddenly hit me like the train hit my late friend Anna Karenina: What about my lovely wife the Rock Star's "new favorite" value wine, Banrock Station Shiraz-Cabernet Sauvignon? Why not indeed, especially since she lists Empress of Shiraz among her many titles?

The robe of the BS Shiraz-Cab is royal purple, with sangria highlights. The nose contains vanilla nutmeg with subtle hints of cardamon and white pepper. Blackberries and black cherries are abundant on the finish, which works quite nicely with barbecued turkey. Website is www.banrockstation.com if you wish to check out other offerings in their fine value line. Pick up a bottle soon, and remember:

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR MEDIOCRE FOOD!!!

1 comment:

Gavin Jackson said...

i just got a bottle of this for $5, because i didn't want to get the merlot and blends always are interesting. and this wine is spot on great. its the '07 and for $5 it's everything u could ask for, smooth, ripe flavors, just great